In 2012, three guys from Brazil weren’t satisfied about how groceries could be such a painful process and how such a solid and important market weren’t benefiting from all the new technologies that were emerging at that time. Then an ambitious plan started that aimed to make grocery shopping easier and more conscious.
The result is was that in 2013 their mobile app was elected by Google Play Brazil as the best app for grocery list and they reached more than 1 million downloads in a single language. After this great local success and rebranded as “Tomatoes”, the app is now in English and ready to be part of the shopping routine of people all around the globe.
But what makes Tomatoes different from all other Grocery List apps? Imagine a grocery list that gives product suggestions as items are added to it. And the more used the list is, the better these suggestions get. That is what Tomatoes does. It helps users to create their lists in a shorter time and prevents them of forgetting anything.
Besides that, it has everything that makes a top notch shopping list app:
– It’s possible to add products by typing their names or by navigating through a catalog or a list of popular products with pictures. If a product is lacking on Tomatoes catalog, it can be created by the user and also be attached a picture.
– The user can stick to his budget by informing products’ prices inside the store. Tomatoes will calculate the partial value so far.
– It’s also possible to keep a history of previous purchases, so Tomatoes can help the user to remember how much was paid for a product the last time it was bought.
– The app allows the user to duplicate a list or create a new one from a previous purchase.
– Copying or moving items between lists is also available.
– Last but not least, Tomatoes synchronizes the user data across different devices.
The app is free for one list. To create more lists, it’s necessary to pay US$ 2.99. As a release promotion, Tomatoes allows the users to unlock the multiple lists feature by informing the gift code LOVETOMATOES. This gift code is valid until Wednesday, March 26th.
Creating more lists allows the users to stay more organized and use Tomatoes for different purposes: Weekly Groceries, Monthly Shopping, Barbecue, Drugstore, Books, Items that can’t be missed on a trip and whatever else is needed.
The app is currently available for Android and will be soon released to iOS. Downloads for the app is available at www.tomatoesapp.com