In our series of custom ROMs for Android devices, we just had the famous CyanogenMOD which brings latest features of Android 3.4 (CM10.2) on a large variety of smartphones out there in the Android Galaxy. Our little green Droids make their home on nearly every mobile phone and tablet device. Just released by Google this month, Android 4.3 main developer branch made it already into the latest nightly builds of Paranoid Android. Known for its Hybrid mode, the custom ROM from Paranoid Android allows apps to scale themselves by system app or widget.
Source of Installation
The Paranoid Android Team is really busy, following their social network activity on Google+ page offers a lot of daily information, details, tips and tweaks on customizing the Paranoid ROM system for specific devices or purposes.
Official download for all installation binary files for your device here: Paranoid Android Custom ROM – Binary Download
Flashing your mobile phone ROM is always a risk to lose personal data. Better to be safe than sorry and perform a system backup to external memory devices. If something goes wrong during ROM flashing, you can restore your backup later on and have the same snapshot as before the crash.
Performing the following steps will bring you safe through the installation process of Paranoid Android ROM:
- Backup your current operating system including personal data files (use Backup App available in app market)
- Install the free ROM Manager app from Google app market
- Download the latest suitable binary file of Paranoid to your mobile phone (either directly or via USB/SD memory card transfer)
- Download the Gapps application as well (Google Apps and tools for Android)
- Open the ROM Manager and choose to install and restore ROM image to phone + Gapps
- Follow the installation steps provided on your screen carefully
- After flashing and extracting all files to your system, Paranoid will reboot the first time
- Follow the initial setup instructions for preferred user settings
After successful installation and reboot, the fresh newly installed Android operating system will appear.
The team is constantly working on bug fixing and implementing new features from the main development branch of Google’s Android 3.4. Primary source for updates and release information is given by their Google+ page. Paranoid Android is available as nightly build and soon as next official release version. Stable versions offer overall phone stability, so only install beta versions (or nightly builds) to your phone if you are sure on that version compatibility.
Paranoid Android is another great ROM project, but is it the best of all? Every user has his personal preferences what a mobile phone must have to offer. This custom ROM project tries to provide state-of-the-art design with proven functionality using latest Android features of v3.4 developer branch.
What do you think about this Android ROM? Is it better than CyanogenMOD or do you prefer a different custom ROM for your Android smartphone? Let us know by leaving a comment.